03 January, 2012

Happy New Year

so, it's 2012.  and i have embarked on a new adventure.  right before Thanksgiving, i relocated back home.  and while to some that may not seem like such a big deal, i haven't lived at home in 12 years.  yeah, exactly.  so now here i am in a sort of familiar place, with very familiar people, relearnin how to live on "island time".

the pace here is slow compared to livin in the city.  but this is not a complaint; more like a sigh of relief.  all the hustle and bustle of the states  has melted away and while i miss certain conveniences, the pros outweigh the cons for me.  i can only speak for myself about bein glad to be back.  most people were like, "you came back here?" or simply "why?"  funny, but those were the same questions my friends in the states or other people have asked me whenever i told them where i was from.  people are hilarious.

so, here i am.  i was able to spend Thanksgiving, my birthday, CHRISTmas, and New Years with my family.  somethin i haven't done consecutively in 12 years.  seems to me like this year is off to a very good start . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spic & Span

i'm an emotional cleaner. whenever things feel like they're fallin apart at the seems, or if there is somethin or someone i can...