10 January, 2012

Undecided

so, i've been back home for almost two months now.  i've been out with my sister a few times, strolled around solo a few times and i must say, the only eye~candy to be seen are when there are cruise ships.  seriously.  even if i was considerin the whole datin thing, how in the world am i supposed to be inspired if there aren't any prospects?  i used to laugh at my sister all the time when she would lament this to me.  but i don't think i really believed her.  i thought she was just exaggeratin it.  now i see for myself.

*sigh*

so, while the thought of even bein friendlier has crossed my mind, i must admit i'm havin second thoughts.  see the problem with bein back home and wantin to date is, well, there are quite a few problems with this.  first, the pickings are uber~slim (read married).  second, the guys are uber~young. third, the ones that aren't too young are loaded with issues (read kids, baby mamas, girlfriends, wives . . .). and finally, if they aren't a combination of the above mentioned, then it's someone you went to school with who acts like they are still in school and thinks you don't know anythin about the things i just said. 

*shakin my head*

now don't get me wrong; it was by no means any easier for me livin in the states.  but by bein back at home, i have cut my chances at meetin someone i'd even consider by more than half.  livin in such a small geographical location leaves much to be desired when one is on the lookout.  and some of us refuse  to settle or share.  and that's pretty much what your options are here.

so what's a girl to do . . .

1 comment:

  1. That's very true. I've been here five years and only once came close to finding someone I could even consider. After a while I just stopped looking.

    ReplyDelete

Spic & Span

i'm an emotional cleaner. whenever things feel like they're fallin apart at the seems, or if there is somethin or someone i can...